Tuesday, March 04, 2014

seriously anti-spam

As I was working on the abuse desk today, I found the following E-mail from a so called

Mrs Jasmine Barber <jas@barberfamily.com>

I am Mrs Jasmine A. Barber,suffering from cancerous ailment.I was married to Mr.Raymond Barber,my husband worked with Chevron/Texaco in the United Kingdom for twenty years before he died in the year 2003.My late husband deposited the sum of 5.3 Million (Five Million Three Hundred Thousand Pounds) with a Bank in United Kingdom.

Recently,my Doctor told me that I have limited days to live due to the stroke and cancerous problems I am suffering from. I have decided to donate this fund to you and want you to use this husbands effort to fund the upkeep of widows and charities worldwide.I took this decision because I do not have any child that will inherit this money and my husband relatives are bourgeois and very wealthy persons and I do not want my husband hard earned money to be misused.

Awaiting your urgent reply via my email.address: jasminebarber@qq.com With God all things are possible.

Your Sister in Christ,
Mrs Jasmine A. Barber

Since when QQ supports the mail address with names?
Thought I missed any changes, but after I checked the SMTP session, I am relaxed :)

SMTP session

[Contacting mx3.qq.com [184.105.206.82]...]
[Connected]
220 newmx31.qq.com MX QQ Mail Server
EHLO mx1.validemail.com
250 newmx31.qq.com
MAIL FROM:<>
550 Error: content rejected.http://mail.qq.com/zh_CN/help/content/rejectedmail.html.
MAIL FROM:<>
550 Error: content rejected.http://mail.qq.com/zh_CN/help/content/rejectedmail.html.
[Unfavorable reply code, cannot continue]
RSET
250 Ok
QUIT
221 Bye.
[Connection closed]
[Contacting mx2.qq.com [103.7.29.244]...]
[Connected]
220 newmx97.qq.com MX QQ Mail Server
EHLO mx1.validemail.com
250-newmx97.qq.com
250-SIZE 73400320
250 OK
MAIL FROM:<>
250 Ok
RCPT TO:<jasminebarber@qq.com>
250 Ok
RSET
250 Ok
QUIT
[Connection closed]
Anyway, pay attention on the mails you got!

4 comments:

  1. it has been a long time QQ mail supports customized user name instead of numbers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true thanks! I need somehow update it.

      Delete
  2. I received a similar mail today, but now she changed the address to this one: mara@brasiliapersonal.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  3. i got the exact same one, i just saw it today but got it a week ago, I was kinda hopping it was true, but was looking for evidence so thanks to you i was 100% sure it's another spam mail.
    thanks.

    ReplyDelete